If you can’t find the answer to the brand query you’re muddling over, puzzling out, and Googling till the cows come home, send it our way. BlackDog’s 365 blog is an ongoing, evolving, question and answer guide developed to help business owners and entrepreneurs understand and hone their brands. Submit your questions on brand, branding, or branders to BlackDog and we’ll send you a personal response with the answer. An anonymous and confidential version of your question and our response will then be posted on BlackDog’s 365 blog to help out your fellow ponderers.
What’s a Brand?
- The Big Idea
- Logo vs Brand
- Who Defines a Brand?
- Brand Success – Just a Marketing Plan?
- Brand vs Advertising
Do You Need a Brand?
Naming Your Brand:
- How to Name a Startup
- 10 Ways to Name Your Company or Product
- Types of company and product names — A field guide
Slinging a Slogan:
Picking a great URL:
Finding Your Big Idea:
Differentiating Your brand:
- Differentiators…Let me count the ways
- Crazy. Inspired. Bold. Successful.
- How Do We Crate an Iconic Brand?
- Strip Away All the Filler…
Missions and Visions:
Components of a Brand Strategy:
Identifying Your Customer:
Identifying Your Brand Touch Points:
The Best Brand Book for Startups:
The Best Brand Books Period:
How to Write a Business Plan:
Identifying Core Values:
Developing Brand Standards:
Sponsorship & Strategic Partnership Standards:
Diversifying into New Markets:
The Truth About Brand Loyalty:
Synching Your Brand with Your Brand Experience:
On Relevance, Transparency, & Avoiding Bullshit
- Do you ever get over whelmed by finding ways or trying to be inventive and original?
- The Better You Are, The Better You Look
Do Charitable Actions & Social Giving Build Brand Equity?
Bringing Your Humanity to Work:
Communicating your Differentiated Brand:
- We Don’t Brand Bullshit: How BlackDog Does Communications
- Narrativity: You’re Too Good For Boring
- How Buff is Your Brand Narrative?
- Crafting Content out of Fingerprints
- Top Shelf: Communications Reads We Recommend
- Top Shelf Part II: More Communications Reads We Recommend
Brand & Social Media: